GLSS-Great Lakes Super Sprints
LAMBERSON WINS WITH TURN FOUR PASS
Hartford, MI - Tonight at the Hartford Speedway Autograph Night, the Great Lakes Super Sprints presented by Engine Pro & ARP put on a show! Watching the weather radar all day, wondering if we would race, it turned out to be a great evening of racing with 21 cars registered tonight. Brad Lamberson (Parma, MI) showed a lot of speed and patience as he worked his way up from 6th to win the PErFit A-Main.
Starting the night off, Lamberson set fast time and was tonights Ti22 Performance Fast Qualifier with an average lap time of 14.86 seconds or 111.4 mph. Jared Horstman (Cloverdale, OH), Gregg Dalman (Bellevue, MI), Jason Blonde (Litchfield, MI) and Dustin Daggett (Portland, MI) rounding out the top five spots.
With the top two cars making the redraw from each heat race, the racing in all three heats was closely contested for that coveted 2nd spot. In the Engler Machine & Tool Heat 1, Danny Sams III (Northport, FL) secured the win with Jay Steinbache (Hudsonville, MI) beating Lamberson to the line for 2nd by 28 thousands of a second!
In the Coffey & Sons Heat 2, Mike Keegan (Fremont, OH) took the checkered flag for the win and Jett Mann (Elkhart, IN) edgeed out Daggett by 58 thousands of a second.
The Home Pro Roofing Heat 3 would not disapoint with Kelsey Ivy (Fremont, OH) winning the heat, while Chase Ridenour (Perry, MI) beating the veteran Bull Dog, Gregg Dalman to the line by just 53 thousands of a second.
The heat races were only a taste of the exciting racing to come as the PErFit A-Main was rolled out after autograph night on the front stretch. The two Fremont, OH natives, Ivy and Keegan, led the field to the line and Ivy took the lead and seemed to be walking away from the field. In the 7th lap, Keegan tracked IVy down and took the lead, which he held for the next 15 laps.
The excitement that would play out in the final two laps was playing out behind Keegan and Ivy for most of the race. Horstman, who started 7th, brought out a safety caution when he did a 360 in the middle of turns 3 and 4 on the opening lap. Doing a complete restart, this put Horstman on the tail of the start. Horstman would work his way through the field and finished on the podium with a 3rd place finish.
Max Stambaugh (Elida, OH) started 10th in the feature. From there he worked his way up to 2nd by the 12th lap, where he stayed for the next 10 laps. In lap 23 Stambaugh gets around Keegan for the lead in lap 23. Coming up fast behind Stambaugh was Lamberson and Horstman. Lamberson was able to get around Stambaugh in lap 24, coming out of turn 2, only to have Stambaugh pass him back coming out of turn 4. Lamberson was able to stay on Stambaugh in turns 1 and 2 and was able to make a push off the bottom of 4 to take the checkered a quarter of a second ahead of Stambaugh for the win.
Garrett Saunders was tonights Hoosier Racing Tire Hard Charger after starting 17th and finishing 7th. Blonde was tonights Engine Pro Lucky Dog.
The Great Lakes Super Sprints presented by Engine Pro and ARP will return to action tomorrow, Saturday, August 12th, at Silver Bullet Speedway near Owendale, MI.
To catch tonight's heat races and features, along with all the GLSS/NRA races, head over to the Great Lakes Super Sprints YouTube page. Make sure to follow us on Facebook, TikTok, Instagram, and Twitter for the latest updates. For news, schedules, results, and points, visit www.greatlakessprints.com and select your favorite division.
Thank you to our sponsors who are the ones that allow us to a great show to your local tracks. Please help us by supporting the sponsors listed below….
Engine Pro & ARP Racing
Hoosier Racing Tires
Beacon & Bridge Markets
Operating Engineers Local 324
Engler Machine & Tool
Home Pro Roofing
Jim Coffey and Sons Plumbing & Heating
Howard Johnsons by Wyndham
Specialty Fuels & Logistics
Environmental Waste & Recovery Service
Precision Engine Works
TC Power Sports
Percision Engine Works
Media Results for 8/11/2023 at Hartford Speedway - Hartford, MI
Great Lakes Super Sprints 21 Entries
PErFit A Feature 1 25 Laps | 00:23:30.362 | Engine Pro
- 27-Brad Lamberson; 2. 71H-Max Stambaugh; 3. 17-Jared Horstman; 4. 01-Chase Ridenour; 5. X-Mike Keegan; 6. 20I-Kelsey Ivy; 7. 71-Garrett Saunders; 8. 10S-Jay Steinebach; 9. 85-Dustin Daggett; 10. 86-Keith Sheffer Jr; 11. 19-Jett Mann; 12. 10BR-Jason Blonde; 13. 19J-Linden Jones; 14. G5-Gunnar Setser; 15. 20A-Andy Chehowski; 16. W20-Greg Wilson; 17. 49T-Gregg Dalman; 18. 14-Kyle Poortenga; 19. 3A-Mike Astrauskas; 20. (DNS) 70-Eli Lakin
Engler Machine & Tool Heat 1 8 Laps | 00:07:03.555 |
- 24D-Danny Sams III; 2. 10S-Jay Steinebach; 3. 27-Brad Lamberson; 4. 71H-Max Stambaugh; 5. 10BR-Jason Blonde; 6. 19J-Linden Jones; 7. 70-Eli Lakin
Coffey & Sons Plumbing & Heating Heat 2 8 Laps | 00:05:06.595
- X-Mike Keegan; 2. 19-Jett Mann; 3. 85-Dustin Daggett; 4. 17-Jared Horstman; 5. W20-Greg Wilson; 6. 14-Kyle Poortenga; 7. 20A-Andy Chehowski
Home Pro Roofing Heat 3 8 Laps | 00:05:23.235 |
- 20I-Kelsey Ivy; 2. 01-Chase Ridenour; 3. 49T-Gregg Dalman; 4. G5-Gunnar Setser; 5. 86-Keith Sheffer Jr; 6. 71-Garrett Saunders; 7. 3A-Mike Astrauskas
Qualifying 1 | 00:01:52.560 | TI22 Performance
- 27-Brad Lamberson, 00:14.860; 2. 17-Jared Horstman, 00:14.931; 3. 49T-Gregg Dalman, 00:14.949; 4. 10BR-Jason Blonde, 00:15.024; 5. 85-Dustin Daggett, 00:15.145; 6. G5-Gunnar Setser, 00:15.165; 7. 24D-Danny Sams III, 00:15.169; 8. 19-Jett Mann, 00:15.222; 9. 01-Chase Ridenour, 00:15.262; 10. 10S-Jay Steinebach, 00:15.294; 11. X-Mike Keegan, 00:15.299; 12. 20I-Kelsey Ivy, 00:15.316; 13. 71H-Max Stambaugh, 00:15.319; 14. W20-Greg Wilson, 00:15.341; 15. 86-Keith Sheffer Jr, 00:15.375; 16. 70-Eli Lakin, 00:15.458; 17. 14-Kyle Poortenga, 00:15.470; 18. 71-Garrett Saunders, 00:15.595; 19. 19J-Linden Jones, 00:15.646; 20. 20A-Andy Chehowski, 00:15.657; 21. 3A-Mike Astrauskas, 00:16.004
Article Credit: GLSS Staff Writer
Submitted By: Barry Marlow