GLSS-Great Lakes Super Sprints
DAGGETT FINALLY GETS HIS LONG AWAITED WIN
Aubrun, MI - The long awaited return of the Great Lakes Super Sprints presented by Engine Pro & ARP, making their first appearance of the season after 23 months at Tri-City Speedway! Tri-City had a great track and our sprints put on an amazing show! The event witnessed high-speed racing and drew an impressive crowd, and we extend our heartfelt gratitude to all the fans, staff, and drivers whose support made this night possible.
Tonight's winner, Dustin Daggett (Grand Ledge, MI) got lucky and drew the pole position in the redraw. After a pretty rough start of the season for Daggett this was a long awaited win. As soon as he pulled out onto the track, he seemed to put it on cruise control as he jumped out front from the pole position and was able to hold and maintain a steady lead the entire race!! Excellent performances were also displayed by Frank Neill (Vickery, OH) who impressively earned the Hoosier Racing Tire Hard Charger award by climbing seven positions from 18th to 11th place. Additionally, Shane Simmons (Jackson, MI) had the honor of being tonight's featured Engine Pro Lucky Dog!
During the qualifying laps, Gregg Dalman (Belleuve, MI) showcased outstanding performance as the Ti22 Performance Fast Qualifier, setting an impressive lap time of 11.102seconds. Close behind, Max Stambaugh (Elida, OH) secured the second spot with a lap time of 11.173 seconds, and Brad Lamberson (Parma,MI) rounded out the podium with a lap time of 11.251 seconds.
Adam Carberry (Hilltown, PA) emerged victorious in the Engler Machine & Tool Heat 1, while Jay Steinebach (Hudsonville, MI) wins the Coffey Plumbing and Heating Heat 2, and Phil Gressman (Fremont, OH) wins Heat Race 3 presented by Home Pro Roofing!
The Great Lakes Super Sprints presented by Engine Pro and ARP will return to action on Saturday, August 5th, at Eldora Speedway and Hartford Speedway on August 11th!
To catch tonight's heat races and features, along with all the GLSS/NRA races, head over to the Great Lakes Super Sprints YouTube page. Make sure to follow us on Facebook, TikTok, Instagram, and Twitter for the latest updates. For news, schedules, results, and points, visit www.greatlakessprints.com and select your favorite division.
Thank you to our sponsors who are the ones that allow us to a great show to your local tracks. Please help us by supporting the sponsors listed below….
Engine Pro & ARP Racing
Hoosier Racing Tires
Beacon & Bridge Markets
Operating Engineers Local 324
Engler Machine & Tool
Home Pro Roofing
Jim Coffey and Sons Plumbing & Heating
Howard Johnsons by Wyndham
Specialty Fuels & Logistics
Environmental Waste & Recovery Service
Precision Engine Works
TC Power Sports
Percision Engine Works
Media Results for 8/4/2023 at Tri-City Motor Speedway - Auburn, MI
Great Lakes Super Sprints 18 Entries
A Feature 1 25 Laps | 00:19:20.946
- 85-Dustin Daggett; 2. 47-Adam Carberry; 3. 71H-Max Stambaugh; 4. 10BR-Jason Blonde; 5. 49T-Gregg Dalman; 6. 14H-Ryan Ruhl; 7. 27-Brad Lamberson; 8. 21T-Troy Chehowski; 9. 10S-Jay Steinebach; 10. 86-Keith Sheffer Jr; 11. 88N-Frank Neill; 12. 27K-Zac Broughman; 13. 14-Kyle Poortenga; 14. 3A-Mike Astrauskas; 15. 07-Shane Simmons; 16. 67-Kevin Martens; 17. 16-Gary Fritts; 18. 7C-Phil Gressman
Heat 1 8 Laps | 00:03:07.828
- 47-Adam Carberry; 2. 49T-Gregg Dalman; 3. 10BR-Jason Blonde; 4. 86-Keith Sheffer Jr; 5. 07-Shane Simmons; 6. 16-Gary Fritts
Heat 2 8 Laps | 00:03:16.246
- 10S-Jay Steinebach; 2. 71H-Max Stambaugh; 3. 14-Kyle Poortenga; 4. 14H-Ryan Ruhl; 5. 21T-Troy Chehowski; 6. 67-Kevin Martens
Heat 3 8 Laps | 00:03:14.101
- 7C-Phil Gressman; 2. 85-Dustin Daggett; 3. 27-Brad Lamberson; 4. 3A-Mike Astrauskas; 5. 27K-Zac Broughman; 6. 88N-Frank Neill
Qualifying 1 | 00:04:20.027
- 49T-Gregg Dalman, 00:11.102; 2. 71H-Max Stambaugh, 00:11.173; 3. 27-Brad Lamberson, 00:11.251; 4. 47-Adam Carberry, 00:11.320; 5. 14H-Ryan Ruhl, 00:11.338; 6. 7C-Phil Gressman, 00:11.349; 7. 10BR-Jason Blonde, 00:11.428; 8. 10S-Jay Steinebach, 00:11.541; 9. 85-Dustin Daggett, 00:11.558; 10. 86-Keith Sheffer Jr, 00:11.570; 11. 14-Kyle Poortenga, 00:11.745; 12. 27K-Zac Broughman, 00:11.796; 13. 07-Shane Simmons, 00:11.818; 14. 21T-Troy Chehowski, 00:11.954; 15. 88N-Frank Neill, 00:12.247; 16. 16-Gary Fritts, 00:12.316; 17. 67-Kevin Martens, 00:13.101; 18. 3A-Mike Astrauskas, 00:14.519
Article Credit: Brooke K. Pulice