GLSS-Great Lakes Super Sprints
J.J HICKLE WINS THE MICHIGAN AUTO RACING FAN CLUB NIGHT AT I-96 SPEEDWAY
Lake Odessa, MI - the Great Lakes Super Sprints presented by Engine Pro & ARP had 20 cars on hand and a wonderful night of racing. We had very clean racing with very few cautions in the Feature. Special thank you to the Michigan Auto Racing Fan Club as we had a very special night including the presentation for Dustin Daggett (Grand Ledge, MI). The night was packed with a thrilling event of high speed racing and an amazing turnout in the stands. To start this right, we would like to say thank you to all of the fans, staff, and drivers. We would not of been able to have this night without all of your support!
J.J Hickle (Quilcene, WA) started in 3rd place and made his way up to first and was able to hold the lead and take home the Feature Race win. Throughout the Feature Race Hickle had Chase Ridenour (Perry, MI) and Phil Gressman (Fremont, OH) on his tale. Though he was able to hold his place, Max Stambaugh (Elida, OH) charged all the way up from 11th place into 2nd making his tonight's Hard Charger presented by Hoosier Racing Tire.
Tonight's Ti22 Performance Fast Qualifier was Ryan Ruhl (Coldwater, MI), putting in a lap time of 12.127 seconds. Brad Lamberson (Parma,MI) was second quick with a 14.018 second lap and Kelsey Ivy (Fremont, OH) rounded out the podium with a 14.035 second lap. Jett Mann (Goshen, IN) took home tonight's Lucky Dog presented by Perfit Engine Pro.
Gressman wins the Engler Machine & Tool Heat 1, while Jason Blonde (Litchfield, MI) wins the Beacon and Bridge Heat 2 and Ridenour takes home the win in the Home Pro Roofing Heat 3.
Great Lakes Super Sprints presented by Engine Pro and ARP will be back in action Monday, July 3rd at Waynesfield Raceway Park and Hartford Speedway on July 7th!
To catch tonight's heat races and features, and all the GLSS/NRA races, go to the Great Lakes Super Sprints YouTube page. Be sure to follow the page and follow us on Facebook, TikTok, Instagram, and Twitter! For all the news, schedules, results and points, go to www.greatlakessprints.com and click on your favorite division.
Thank you to all of our Sponsors who allow us to do what we love and race every weekend. Your support of our sponsors helps show them your appreciation for bringing great sprint car racing at all local dirt tracks.
Engine Pro & ARP Racing
Hoosier Racing Tires
Beacon & Bridge Markets
Operating Engineers Local 324
Engler Machine & Tool
Home Pro Roofing
Jim Coffey and Sons Plumbing & Heating
Howard Johnsons by Wyndham
Specialty Fuels & Logistics
Environmental Waste & Recovery Service
Precision Engine Works
TC Power Sports
Genesis Rescue Systems
Media Results for 6/30/2023 at I-96 Speedway - Lake Odessa, MI
Great Lakes Super Sprints 20 Entries
PErfit A Feature 1 25 Laps | 00:26:02.300
- 50H-JJ Hickle; 2. 71H-Max Stambaugh; 3. 7C-Phil Gressman; 4. 01-Chase Ridenour; 5. 24D-Danny Sams III; 6. 27-Brad Lamberson; 7. 50YR-Ryan Ruhl; 8. 85-Dustin Daggett; 9. 12-Corbin Gurley; 10. 20I-Kelsey Ivy; 11. 49T-Gregg Dalman; 12. 86-Keith Sheffer Jr; 13. 42-Boston Mead; 14. 10S-Jay Steinebach; 15. 10-Jason Blonde; 16. 3A-Mike Astrauskas; 17. 14-Kyle Poortenga; 18. 16C-Tylar Rankin; 19. 19-Jett Mann; 20. (DNS) 70-Eli Lakin
Engler Machine & Tool Heat 1
- 7C-Phil Gressman; 2. 50H-JJ Hickle; 3. 49T-Gregg Dalman; 4. 85-Dustin Daggett; 5. 50YR-Ryan Ruhl; 6. 16C-Tylar Rankin; 7. 70-Eli Lakin
Home Pro Roofing Heat 2
- 10-Jason Blonde; 2. 24D-Danny Sams III; 3. 71H-Max Stambaugh; 4. 27-Brad Lamberson; 5. 42-Boston Mead; 6. 10S-Jay Steinebach; 7. 3A-Mike Astrauskas
Beacon & Bridge Markets Heat 3
- 01-Chase Ridenour; 2. 14-Kyle Poortenga; 3. 19-Jett Mann; 4. 20I-Kelsey Ivy; 5. 12-Corbin Gurley; 6. 86-Keith Sheffer Jr
Ti22 Performance Fast Qualifying 1 |
- 50YR-Ryan Ruhl, 00:13.947; 2. 27-Brad Lamberson, 00:14.018; 3. 20I-Kelsey Ivy, 00:14.035; 4. 16C-Tylar Rankin, 00:14.045; 5. 71H-Max Stambaugh, 00:14.065; 6. 19-Jett Mann, 00:14.107; 7. 7C-Phil Gressman, 00:14.169; 8. 24D-Danny Sams III, 00:14.194; 9. 14-Kyle Poortenga, 00:14.197; 10. 49T-Gregg Dalman, 00:14.227; 11. 10-Jason Blonde, 00:14.240; 12. 01-Chase Ridenour, 00:14.244; 13. 50H-JJ Hickle, 00:14.246; 14. 42-Boston Mead, 00:14.247; 15. 86-Keith Sheffer Jr, 00:14.256; 16. 85-Dustin Daggett, 00:14.288; 17. 10S-Jay Steinebach, 00:14.473; 18. 12-Corbin Gurley, 00:14.513; 19. 70-Eli Lakin, 00:14.582; 20. 3A-Mike Astrauskas, 00:15.009
Article Credit: Brooke K. Pulice
Submitted By: Brooke Pulice