Great Lakes Super Sprints
STAMBAUGH GOES TWO FOR TWO
Hartford, MI - Max Stambaugh takes the lead in lap 11 and holds off 4 past Great Lakes Super Sprints presented by Engine Pro & ARP Champions and a slew of top competitors to claim his 2nd victory of the year in back to back races.
With 20 cars showing up to Harford for our makeup Rain Date. The GLSS cars hit the track first for 3 car qualifying. Brad Lamberson (Parma, MI) rolls out in the 2nd group and sets a fast time of 14.996, nearly beating the track record of 14.980. Then rolling out in the 5th group, past Champion, Jared Horstman (Cloverdale, OH) sets a new fast time and a track record of 14.935. Past Champion Phil Gressman (Fremont, OH) rolled out next in the 6th group and sets a new track record of 14.838. The new track record however, was won by Tylar Rankin (Coldwater, MI) who went out last and lowered the new track just set by Gressman to 14.647, nearly 3 1/2 tenths lower.
In the Engler Machine & Tool Heat 1, Danny Sams III (North Port, FL) jumps out front and takes the checkered flag in just over 2 minutes with Gregg Dalman (Bellevue, MI) and Rankin rounding out the podium.
Rookie Bobbie Elliot (Allenton, MI) starts on the pole of the Jim Coffey & Sons Plumbing & Heating Heat, with 3 past GLSS Champions behind ihim and the current Points Leader! Elliot gets a good running start and quickly pulls out ahed of Dalman and Daggett who finiished 2nd and 3rd respectively.
In the Beacon & Bridge Markets Heat 3, Zane Devault (Plymouth, MI) stands on the peddle and cruises out front of the field. Horstman worked on pulling him in, but couldn't do it, finishing 2nd, while Kyle Poortenga (Woodland, MI) rounded out the top 3.
In the PErFit A-Main
Elliot and Sams start on the front row for the sprint feature and bring the field around for the 4 wide salute to the fans and then racking the field for the feature. At the flag ,Sams jumps out to the lead and leads through the 10th lap when Stambaugh gets around him.
With 12 laps to go, Dalman pulled over and rolled to a stop in front of officials at the bottom of turn four with concerns of a methanol leak. His inside right fire suit pants were saturated with Methanol. He was rolled into the work area, but the field was set and went green, putting a fork in Dalmans night.
In lap 19, Zane Devault took a wild ride, bringing out the red. While racing in 2nd place, Devault and Horstman were going at it along the bottom. As Hortsman set up and went into turn 3, he dives down low under Devault. It appears Horstman will clear Devault but the Horstman right rear tire appeared to clip the front left of Devaults. We don't know for a fact, but in the video it looks as if possibly the drag link broke causing Devault to move up the track and into the wall. Devault appears to be okay.
As the field goes green, Stambaugh makes short order of the last 6 laps taking the checkred, Horstman, Gressman, Daggett and Lamberson rounded out the top 5. The final results were corrected after 3 cars were disqualified after missing the tech trailer. So the final was adjusted going to Stambaugh, Daggett, Sams, Rankin and Poortenga.
Great Lakes Super Sprints presented by Engine Pro & ARP will be back in action for their last weekend of racing before Championship weekend this Friday, August 19th at I-96 Speedway for the Mark Strpko Memorial race and then on to the Battle Grounds of Butler Motor Speedway on Saturday, August 20th.
Thank you to all of our sponsors, fans, tracks and teams that support Great Lakes Super Sprints presented by Engine Pro & ARP, without them none of this would be possible. Be sure to follow us on Facebook and Twitter (@GLSprints).
For our schedule, results and points, go to our website at www.greatlakessprints.com.
Engine Pro & ARP (Automotive Racing Products)
Hoosier Racing Tires
Engler Machine & Tool
Jim Coffey & Son Plumbing and Heating
Beacon & Bridge Markets
Specialty Fuels & Logistics
Addvance Heating & Cooling
Media Results for 8/12/2022 at Hartford Speedway - Hartford, MI
Great Lakes Super Sprints 20 Entries
PERFIT A Feature 1 25 Laps | 00:28:18.160
- 71H-Max Stambaugh; 2. 85-Dustin Daggett; 3. 24D-Danny Sams III; 4. 16C-Tylar Rankin; 5. 84-Kyle Poortenga; 6. 5E-Bobby Elliott; 7. 28M-Conner Morrell; 8. 88N-Frank Neill; 9. 86-Keith Sheffer Jr; 10. 70-Eli Lakin; 11. 31-Mike Astrauskas; 12. 19-Jett Mann; 13. 7-Zane Devault; 14. 01-Ryan Ruhl; 15. 58-Tony Bures; 16. 49T-Gregg Dalman; 17. 20A-Andy Chehowski; 18. (DQ) 17-Jared Horstman; 19. (DQ) 7C-Phil Gressman; 20. (DQ) 27-Brad Lamberson
Engler Machine & Tool Heat 1 8 Laps | 00:04:39.869
- 24D-Danny Sams III; 2. 49T-Gregg Dalman; 3. 16C-Tylar Rankin; 4. 27-Brad Lamberson; 5. 88N-Frank Neill; 6. 28M-Conner Morrell; 7. 31-Mike Astrauskas
Jim Coffey & Sons Plumbing & Heating Heat 2 8 Laps | 00:02:41.793
- 5E-Bobby Elliott; 2. 71H-Max Stambaugh; 3. 85-Dustin Daggett; 4. 7C-Phil Gressman; 5. 01-Ryan Ruhl; 6. 58-Tony Bures; 7. 20A-Andy Chehowski
Beacon & Bridge Markets Heat 3 8 Laps | 00:03:37.701
- 7-Zane Devault; 2. 17-Jared Horstman; 3. 84-Kyle Poortenga; 4. 86-Keith Sheffer Jr; 5. 19-Jett Mann; 6. 70-Eli Lakin
Ti22 Performance Qualifying 1 | 00:02:01.595
- 16C-Tylar Rankin, 00:14.647; 2. 71H-Max Stambaugh, 00:15.065; 3. 84-Kyle Poortenga, 00:15.069; 4. 49T-Gregg Dalman, 00:15.213; 5. 85-Dustin Daggett, 00:15.236; 6. 19-Jett Mann, 00:15.295; 7. 24D-Danny Sams III, 00:15.338; 8. 5E-Bobby Elliott, 00:15.363; 9. 7-Zane Devault, 00:15.401; 10. 28M-Conner Morrell, 00:15.477; 11. 58-Tony Bures, 00:15.511; 12. 86-Keith Sheffer Jr, 00:15.600; 13. 88N-Frank Neill, 00:15.649; 14. 20A-Andy Chehowski, 00:15.716; 15. 70-Eli Lakin, 00:15.859; 16. 31-Mike Astrauskas, 00:15.911; 17. (DNS) 01-Ryan Ruhl, 00:15.911; 18. (DQ) 7C-Phil Gressman, 00:14.838; 19. (DQ) 17-Jared Horstman, 00:14.935; 20. (DQ) 27-Brad Lamberson, 00:14.996
Article Credit: GLSS Staff Writer
Submitted By: Barry Marlow