Great Lakes Super Sprints
Stambaugh Drives to Win at Siver Bullet
Owendale, MI - Consistency finally pays off for Max Stambaugh (Elida, OH) and the Smith Motorsports Racing Team. In 15 races this season with Great Lakes Super Sprints presented by Engine Pro & ARP, Stambaugh has had 11 top five finishs, but until tonight, a feature win has alluded him .
Putting heat in the motors on the track and then rolling it in a few laps, the track was ready for qualifying. Rolling out two cars per session, Keith Sheffer, Jr, (Jerome, MI) was in the 2nd group on track and he sets the Ti22 Performance Fast Qualifier time with a 13.711 average lap time or an average speed of 87 miles per hour. Dustin Daggett (Portland, MI) and Brad Lamberson (Parma, MI) rounded out the top 3.
Sheffer gets out front and brings home the win in the Engler Machine & Tool Heat 1, with Stambaugh and Phil Gressman (Fremont, OH) taking 2nd and 3rd respectively.
In the Jim Coffey & Son Plumbing & Heating Heat 2, Daggett drives to the win with Frank Neill (Vickery, OH) and Ryan Coniam (Burlington, ON) round out the podium.
Lamberson gets out front and wins the Beacon & Bridge Markets Heat 3. Joining Brad on the podium was Chris Pobanz (Sebewang, MI) and Max Frank (Williamston, MI).
Rolling out for our feature, the crowd was very welcoming and we could hear their cheers over the sound of the engines. As the green flag dropped, the engines roared to life. After the first lap, it was all Stambaugh with Lamberson trying hard to keep him reeled in. The soon to be lapped traffic started to get passed by the now freight train of leaders in the 8th lap.
With no cautions, Stambaugh stood on the peddle and started gliding thru traffic. Lamberson and Gressman were probably hoping for a caution to pull Stambaugh back in, but it wasn't to be tonight! The Hoosier Racing Tire Hard Charger, Phil Gressman was up to 3rd and trying everything to get by Lamberson.
5.8 minutes after the green flag started the race, Mike Lee in the flag stand was giving Stambaugh a double checked flag ending the race! The finish was scored with Stambaugh first, Lamberson 2nd, Gressman 3rd, Sheffer 5th and Daggett 5th. Our hats are off to all the drivers tonight! Going 25 laps under green flag conditions.takes team work by all our drivers. It was quite a show! Congratulations to Stambaugh and the rest of his team at Smith Motorsports and thank you to all our drivers for the great job tonight raciing.
Great Lakes Super Sprints presented by Engine Pro & ARP will be back in action this Friday, August 12th at Hartford Motor Speedway.
Thank you to all of our sponsors, fans, tracks and teams that support Great Lakes Super Sprints presented by Engine Pro & ARP, without them none of this would be possible. Be sure to follow us on Facebook and Twitter (@GLSprints).
For our schedule, results and points, go to our website at www.greatlakessprints.com.
Engine Pro & ARP (Automotive Racing Products)
Hoosier Racing Tires
Engler Machine & Tool
Jim Coffey & Son Plumbing and Heating
Beacon & Bridge Markets
Specialty Fuels & Logistics
Addvance Heating & Cooling
Media Results for 8/6/2022 at Silver Bullet Speedway - Owendale, MI
Great Lakes Super Sprints 16 Entries
PErfit A Feature 1 25 Laps | 00:10:27.882
- 71H-Max Stambaugh; 2. 27-Brad Lamberson; 3. 7C-Phil Gressman; 4. 86-Keith Sheffer Jr; 5. 85-Dustin Daggett; 6. 88N-Frank Neill; 7. 89-Chris Pobanz; 8. 2-Tyler Bearden; 9. 24D-Danny Sams III; 10. 46-Ryan Coniam; 11. 38-Max Frank; 12. 5E-Bobby Elliott; 13. 49T-Gregg Dalman; 14. 07-Shane Simmons; 15. 31-Mike Astrauskas; 16. 3T-Tank Brakenberry
Engler Machine & Tool Heat 1 8 Laps | 00:05:11.813
- 86-Keith Sheffer Jr; 2. 71H-Max Stambaugh; 3. 7C-Phil Gressman; 4. 2-Tyler Bearden; 5. 07-Shane Simmons; 6. 3T-Tank Brakenberry
Jim Coffey & Sons Plumbing & Heating Heat 2 8 Laps | 00:04:45.731
- 85-Dustin Daggett; 2. 88N-Frank Neill; 3. 46-Ryan Coniam; 4. 24D-Danny Sams III; 5. 31-Mike Astrauskas
Beacon & Bridge Heat 3 8 Laps | 00:04:10.134
- 27-Brad Lamberson; 2. 89-Chris Pobanz; 3. 38-Max Frank; 4. 5E-Bobby Elliott; 5. 49T-Gregg Dalman
Ti22 Performance Qualifying 1 | 00:01:05.020
- 86-Keith Sheffer Jr, 00:13.711; 2. 85-Dustin Daggett, 00:13.738; 3. 27-Brad Lamberson, 00:13.897; 4. 7C-Phil Gressman, 00:14.017; 5. 46-Ryan Coniam, 00:14.049; 6. 49T-Gregg Dalman, 00:14.130; 7. 71H-Max Stambaugh, 00:14.685; 8. 31-Mike Astrauskas, 00:14.856; 9. 89-Chris Pobanz, 00:14.863; 10. 2-Tyler Bearden, 00:14.882; 11. 88N-Frank Neill, 00:14.929; 12. 38-Max Frank, 00:14.952; 13. 07-Shane Simmons, 00:15.055; 14. 24D-Danny Sams III, 00:15.170; 15. 5E-Bobby Elliott, 00:15.282; 16. 3T-Tank Brakenberry, 00:15.843
Article Credit: GLSS Staff Writer
Submitted By: Barry Marlow